Saturday, October 31, 2015

Square One

Well hello all of you!

This, as the name of the blog implies, shall be the story of my journey into theoretical chemistry. My name is Jorge Luis Gálvez Vallejo, I'm currently an undergraduate chemistry student from Mexico. I study at the Universidad de las Américas Puebla and I'm currently in my fifth semester out of eight. 

My passions in theoretical chemistry are the chemical bond, a problem that has troubled many great minds and has brought enormous advances in the entire field of chemistry, the other one is chemical kinetics and the modeling of dynamic chemical systems. 

I'm basically just a regular guy who really loves maths, physics and of course chemistry. I want to work in something that unites them all. That is why I chose to specialize in theoretical chemistry, in order to be able to use as much maths as I need, give the maths physical explanations and use that to understand the world of chemistry. 

What has brought me to this "square one"? 

Since high school I developed a great love for science and since my second semester of college a love for research started growing in me, everything has led me to the point in which I am right now. I just want to know things, solve problems, have fun doing all of it. 

In the next post I shall talk about my inspirations for doing theoretical chemistry! 

See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment